Shinobi RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musical Samurai I:1 [open]

2 posters

Go down

Musical Samurai I:1 [open] Empty Musical Samurai I:1 [open]

Post by Akawaga Yemon Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:08 am

Yemon was wandering through the Land of Water, obviously dismayed at the past couple of days, which had managed to completely annoy him because of everything that had happened. He had gone from spy to kidnapped random nobody faster than he had thought possible and was now more or less completely pissed off at the entire situation. It was not that he cared per say it was that it all just made him look like an idiot. Though, he could debate with himself about how much of a moron he was on a regular basis so that didn't seem that impressive.

Akawaga Yemon, the red river guarding the gate. The gate of what, the mind, the completely unintelligent decisions? How about random stupid nonsense. That seemed a bit more appropriate to the young man as he sighed and shifted his weight while walking on the warm sand. The air was humid, it usually was around the Land of Water. Yemon had on a button up, that could have fit any young lady or man with no real definition of muscle tone or character build. He was pretty indiscreet, as he usually was. He had his hair straight down and his body language was basically exactly what everyone feared. He had been annoyed with the way things seemed to be going.

The sun had gone nowhere but up over the course of the last few hours as Yemon made his way further into the land of water and it peered down through the palm trees to annoy him in just about every way possible. Sweat was running out of places he didn’t even know he had, and Yemon suddenly missed the good part of the cold Land of Iron. He wasn’t adjusted to this idea of heat, and humidity. Yemon was raised in large mounds of snow, and lights that raced across the landscape over the frozen patches of the north. Where traded goods and hunting were the only way to eat correctly and the villages hired ninja from the nearby land of earth to create small greenhouses multiple times a month.

This heat, this sand, this place was not Yemon’s element. Though still at his young age he trekked on for the good of his long-term mission and his personal annoyance with everything going on. He was using his own self imposed anguish to change himself for the better, though he wondered if any of that would matter as he turned to look at his broken sword and then kept moving. A breeze swept through the trees and Yemon held onto his hat as the breeze moved around him in an almost ominous way as he kept walking. He wasn’t sure how much longer he had to go, but he was sure it couldn’t be forever.

He wasn’t headed for the village hidden in the mist. That place would probably get him killed, instead he was heading for a village nearby that was used for farming. Yemon sighed to himself as he looked up at the buildings over the trees and realized he was nearby. Which was good cause he honestly was sick of walking as he headed into the village. The moment he found a small in and restaurant he sat the hell down and ordered a water and food, surveying his environment.
Akawaga Yemon
Akawaga Yemon
E-Rank

Fame : 0
Elements : None
Village :
  • Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Musical Samurai I:1 [open] Empty Re: Musical Samurai I:1 [open]

Post by Kikyo Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:14 pm

Kikyo wasn't one to wander off into another village. Besides, what business did she have elsewhere besides her own village. To be frank, she's always wondered what were other villages like. She knew very well how her own home village was like, and while she didn't necessarily hated it, it wasn't really her cup of tea. To be apart of a community where the severity of harshness is moderately high wasn't something Kikyo could handle everyday. Sure, it was something she's gotten used to ever since she decided to become a shinobi, but she needed a break from such an environment.

Kikyo arrived to a more mellow setting. She was in a village that focused on farming. It reminded her of another person who, asides from her interest being piqued by them, were raised by parents. Maybe she could bring them here sometime. The blonde haired girl could guarantee that the environment was clearer compared to Kirigakure's signature thick mist floating in the air. That's not to say that this completely took her by surprise, but this did make her feel a little foreign. And that's a good thing, too.

The blonde haired girl entered into a small restaurant, which was fortunately not packed. This simply meant that Kikyo could breathe better without feeling so tucked up and didn't have to deal with high levels of noise. This brought a smile to her lips, knowing that she'd have more peace this way. Compared to some areas of Kirigakure, this was heaven.

She was lucky enough to find an available seat to take, but she noticed someone else was also at the table; a pink haired individual who she... somewhat had a hard time distinguishing their gender. Nonetheless it wasn't much of a concern, but what was a concern was whether or not they'd let Kikyo take a seat. There was only one way to find out.

"Excuse me," Kikyo cooed as she approached the other person. She also made sure to give a friendly smile to signal that she meant no harm and out of courtesy. "Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked.

[WC: 355]
Kikyo
Kikyo
E-Rank

Elements : Lightning
Village :
  • Kirigakure

Back to top Go down

Post by Akawaga Yemon Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Yemon drained the water that was put in front of him in a few seconds. He hadn't realized just how dehydrating this place was until he focused on it. It was a psychological thing that kept him reasonably able to push on. Yemon looked at the empty water glass and realized that made him sound a lot like he had been brainwashed. Well at least he did not summon the power of super elements and burn the world in flames and electricity. Though, that would make life a bit easier than what Yemon usually did.

The young samurai looked up as the young blonde haired woman approached him. She was older than Yemon by some margin. Her kimono had more a feel of a combat dressing than a fashion statement and Yemon was pretty sure that she had grew into her curves a lot faster than most people would have. Either that or he was seriously confused to how old she was. His eyes only needed one quick glace to get the pale skin and lack of scar tissue from her body before resting on the odd metal frame that looked more like a crown. That was weird, Yemon thought to himself but managed to look away before he could be considered staring.

Yemon was even more flabbergasted when he looked back at his empty glass and she spoke. She had a voice much more feminine than Yemon's though Yemon's teetered on feminine and young boy. It was one of the genetic characteristics that had made Yemon a pretty good anybody. He was wearing a generic set of cargo pants and a t-shirt that really said nothing about him. His frame was small and he had to push his hair, which was slightly ratty from the last few days out of his face as the young lady spoke to him. "I don't mind at all. Nice to meet you Miss." Yemon said as he bowed his head politely to her. "Don't ask me for recommendations as I just got here. My name is Yemon, glad to know you." Yemon said in a polite and more refined tone than someone who would have just been around randomly.
Akawaga Yemon
Akawaga Yemon
E-Rank

Village :
  • Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kikyo Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:35 pm

Kikyo's smile grew bigger as she was welcomed to sit at the table. She did notice that the person before her had some femininity to their voice, though their outfit typically says otherwise.  However, she knew better than to make a crude comment, even if it were out of pure curiosity. Though if she had to go with her guts, she would say that this person here was a male. On the contrary, she didn't make her observation aloud. It was for the best to just go along with it when needed, and the worse case she'd get out of this was to simply get corrected and make her apology there.

"Thank you." She said as she bowed her head in return. Kikyo pulled back the chair where she'd then proceed to take her seat. After she sat down, she would then scoot forward closer to the table. "Oh, well so much for asking what I should get here then." Kikyo joked with a giggle. She wasn't too sure if she was really planning on anything to order, but it'd be weird to not do so since she's in a restaurant after all. She just needed... somewhere else to stay for now besides her home village; that much she'll give away.

"My name is Kikyo, the pleasure of meeting you is mine, Yemon." The blonde haired girl introduced herself, also upkeeping her courteous tone while she picked up the menu. It wasn't often she was met with politeness back at Kirigakure, but she wouldn't say she was thrown off by it. Every village had different customs and ideologies, so it'd be silly to think that the rest of the world works like it. Actually, it'd be terrible if it were to be the reality. For once, it was nice to breathe in an area where she wouldn't have to keep her guard up at all times.

"So I reckon that you don't come here often? Or maybe this is also your first time coming here." Kikyo asked.

[WC: 338 | TWC: 693]
Kikyo
Kikyo
E-Rank

Village :
  • Kirigakure

Back to top Go down

Post by Akawaga Yemon Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:07 am

Yemon thought about how to answer the questions as well as he could without being to forward. Eventually he shrugged the annoying thoughts that flooded the back of his mind as he looked over the young woman again. She was definitely more bad ass that he was but that did not manage to help his ideals. She had a hint of other tones, most of which Yemon had no intention of pointing out as he shifted in his seat.

His listened to her speak as he nodded slightly in a form of either appreciation or acknowledgement for the young lady as he mulled over her words and accent. He filed it away somewhere in the depths of his mind for the fact that she carried herself with a bit more grace and dignity than Yemon did. She jested at him, and her giggle was pleasant, much more feminine than Yemon was, and Yemon easily passed for a little girl on multiple occasions. Eventually Yemon looked towards the gentleman in the open-faced kitchen and gave him a look like he knew what he wanted.

Her name was Kikyo, which was good enough for Yemon not to press the issue. Being a spy meant give and take, the more information that was freely offered was better for how he felt. He looked at the menu one last time and decided on the generic fish, pan cooked in a wok over a rice with saffron and light, but sweet cucumber and pineapple sauce. Yemon was used to fish, though he was more accustomed to the flavors of cold water fishing. Finally he decided to open his lips again as the old man asked him what he would like from across the room.

"Wok Redfish." Yemon said out loud to him and placed the menu down on the table. He looked back at the young lady and thought about how best to continue their conversation without prying around too much. "I got into the Land of Water a few days ago. Had some bad luck, got kidnapped by accident, lost my instrument. Kept my money, so there's that, got released a few days later. Then I headed this way, I'm a traveling musician, or at least, I was until the bad luck. Now, I'm kind of stuck up-creek without a paddle. I'm from a long way away, two weeks of travel at least. So, I'm heading from village to village looking for a new instrument. Hoping I have enough money to make it until I do. What about you? Travel often, where is such a lovely lady from?" In reality though, Yemon needed to get the thing fixed. Though, Yemon was in the Land of Water because of stories of the mist swordsman, he wanted to see just how far behind they were from a samurai like him or his sister.
487 (1417)
Akawaga Yemon
Akawaga Yemon
E-Rank

Village :
  • Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kikyo Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:43 pm

As Kikyo looked at the menu, she rose a brow when she heard Yemon's order. Wok Redfish sounded like it'd taste good, but she wasn't really interested in any seafood. At least, not at the moment she wasn't. Still, Kikyo really didn't know what she wanted to get. There were a few choices she wanted to order, but she didn't really bring a lot of money on her so she had to settle for one dish. Eventually, she was able to settle down on one dish.

"Posh Chopped Suey." The blonde haired girl called out her order as she placed her menu down. Steamed jasmine rice, fresh vegetables, lean strips of chicken, oyster sauce, five-spice powder and red red Sichuan chile flakes sounded like an interesting combination to try out. Just reading the description of the dish almost made Kikyo water inside her mouth. It sounded like something she had similar to this dish back at her home village. With a village that's dedicated to farming, she can only imagine the freshness the vegetables have.

As she placed her menu down, she listened to Yemon talk as she shifted her eyes from the table onto the boy. Kikyo's expression lit up of interest as he mentioned he was a traveling musician."Mm, a musician you say?" She asked as she widened her smile a bit. He didn't look like a musician Kikyo imagined, but it wasn't often she'd hear someone being one in the first place. "That's actually pretty interesting. In a world like this, I wouldn't really expect anyone else wanting to deal with music." She mentioned. That's how she saw it in her village, at least. That's not to say that it was practically nonexistent, but it was definitely rare.

"Though, I'm terribly sorry about being kidnapped. The Land of Water isn't exactly... friendly, as you can tell." Kikyo said with a sigh, her cheery smile turning over to a concern expression. While she did feel awful about Yemon's situation, what did pique more interest was that he wasn't from this country. "If you want, I can lend you some money. It may not be much, but hopefully it could help in some way." She offered. Of course, Kikyo wouldn't mind doing such a deed; if she did, she wouldn't even brought up the offer. Well, just as long as Yemon wouldn't want too much if he were to accept the offer.

"Ah, I needed a... little break is all from my village. That's not to say I've abandoned it or anything, I just needed a breather is all. This is actually my first time entering another village that's not my own, but I do travel often outside of the borders." Kikyo explained as she crossed her legs while she spoke. She was actually surprised she wasn't questioned when she entered, but she knew better than to question the odds. She only came here out of curiosity and because her village wasn't too far off from this one.

"So what kind of instrument do you play? Or do you play more than one?"

[WC: 514 | TWC: 1,207]
Kikyo
Kikyo
E-Rank

Village :
  • Kirigakure

Back to top Go down

Post by Akawaga Yemon Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Yemon sat back as he reached for his bag and looked at the broken neck of a bass in it. He sighed and shrugged before looking back at the table as he wondered what the best way to avoid a lot of follow up questions. Eventually, he settled on a soft shrug before going into the vocal responses he had lined up. "Whatever, I survived." He said in relation to being kidnapped before continuing. "Why would people not want to deal with music. I mean a modular synth can be as dangerous as a bolt of lightning in its own way. People respond to music and their views can sway based on it. Like eating in high stress situations." Yemon said.

He actually understood a lot about psychology because of his training. Spy craft was very much a combination of psychology and how to make friends and influence people. He should write a book called something like that. He thought as he shifted his weight. Being from the frozen Land of Iron was a little different than the carefree ideals of the ninja. It was a bit less harmonious and straightforward. "And do not worry, I will find some way to make ends meet. I always do, plus if I did not, I would never hear the end of it." Yemon said as he looked around to again. More out of a chance to people watch than anything else before smoothing out his pants.

"Well, not everyone can stay in one place for long periods, welcome to not your village. Though I do not think that leaving your village for a few days qualifies as abandoning it. Also, that sounds like brainwashing levels of attachment. I mean, if you move does that make you an traitor, what kind of weird belief system?" He asked as he shifted again.

"Koto, Guitar, Bass, Cello are my primary instruments, I'm best with a bass." Yemon pointed out. "So what do you do, besides have a strange way of thinking about vacations being traitorous or is that like a Land of Water thing?" He asked with genuine curiosity. In the Land of Iron, Samurai were Samurai, that was it.
395 | 1812
Akawaga Yemon
Akawaga Yemon
E-Rank

Village :
  • Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kikyo Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Kikyo didn't care too much for music or would bother to try and learn an instrument herself, so she couldn't really say much about it. "I guess not everyone would want to have musical talent or have the time for it." She said with a shrug. She could see her parents trying to push her towards learning an instrument or two, but even so Kikyo wouldn't want to. Her younger self would find it tedious and a bore to do. Now that she's older, she just didn't have the interest.

"Eh... that wasn't really meant to be taken seriously." Kikyo said as she would wave her hand at the abandoning village comment. It was a little bit of a balance between jester and seriousness, but she mostly leaned towards showcasing her dry humor. Not everyone would be able to understand it, and that was fine. "Then again there are some villages who mostly have that sort of mindset. Moving could mean disloyalty to your home village. Who knows? Of course, this could actually apply to Kirigakure now that I think about it." She said with a shrug. With a harsh community, she wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

"What I do..." Kikyo echoed as she crossed her arms. "Well, other than existing, I meet a lot of... interesting people. Hell, there's some people who sort of lack common courtesy. A lot more than expected, but sometimes you just have to give simple respect to have it returned to you." She explained. She wouldn't say everyone she met was outright disrespectful, but they were far off from what her parents told her on how to survive in the real world. She could only view only a tiny part of how sheltered she was.

"So what made you want to do music? Did it just cometo you naturally or were you inspired by someone or something?" She asked.

[WC: 318 | TWC: 1,525]
Kikyo
Kikyo
E-Rank

Village :
  • Kirigakure

Back to top Go down

Post by Akawaga Yemon Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:47 am

Yemon thought the comment was a bit off the rails but it was fine. Did not effect him, music was not for everyone. After all if you ended up taking up too much time playing music, your other skills would remain unrefined. Though Yemon knew this, he still liked playing music more than swinging a sword. He shrugged at her apparent attempt to sound less annoying but he figured he probably struck a nerve by accident. Yemon blinked about the mindset and village comment. Kirigakure was nearby, but Yemon figured he would be dead in a few minutes in there. He sipped at his water again and thought about what the young lady was saying.

"That's a weird way to look at it, but if they want to mindbreak kids I'm sure it works perfectly. Though it would present issues if someone was lied to suddenly learned that everything that had been said to them caused problems. Oh well, not my village." Yemon said as he ignored the interesting people comment. He was good at shutting up when needed. Though the last question had put him off a bit simply because he didn't know how to answer it in a way that didn't give up too much information. Yemon thought to himself for a few seconds as he sipped at his water again.

"I learned a long time ago, from someone much older than I am. He saw me struggling in other classes and showed me a trick to hand eye coordination by teaching me to play the cello. From there I learned the bass and guitar from him. The koto came last because my sister got me one when I was eleven. Really I would have just felt bad for not using it. Though I'm pretty sure it was just to tease me for looking so androgynous." Yemon stated as he shifted around.

"What about yourself, what's with the armored crown, never seen one of those before? Then again I don't see many blonde haired pretty girls either. Most of the land of water seems to be a bit more rough, not as rugged as the land of earth, but still stars in their own right. What kind of job do you have that you needed a vacation? Are you a shop owner? Villages can't really do without basic general stores and it could explain why you feel obligated to not leave." Yemon asked politely.
421 | 2233

Akawaga Yemon
Akawaga Yemon
E-Rank

Village :
  • Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content